yes

.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Letter from Cassidy June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014
Hey guys! 

Well it has been a super interesting week... this area just keeps getting weirder and funnier. I love it. 

Funniest thing I think I saw this week... we were at a lady's house and she made a pizza.. and then she was cutting it with a random little pair of scissors. All I could do was ask myself if it was real life. 

And then... the lady's husband said he wanted to change his pants, so I said I would leave the room.. for obvious reasons.. then he said  "You don't need to leave the room, I have my pull up on." And he was dead serious. And I was like...........  I am DEFINITELY going to leave the room. There are just some things I never want to see, and that happens to be one of them. 

So that was interesting. 

So things are going good with our investigator Gerald! He has committed to get baptized in July.. so that is exciting. He still never wears a shirt... and the other there was like a bug stuck in his hair and it was so creepy.. hahah only in Ashtabula. But he really is the nicest guy and I always feel so good after we see him because I can tell that we really are helping him. 

We went and visited these less active members named the Moleks. They are hysterical. He wrote on the calender "LSD 6:00" for when we were coming.. and I was like LSD IS A DRUG. hahah we are LDS. Classic mixup I guess. 

Our investigator Mark is doing pretty good. He is the one that owns the ice cream/sub shop. And he is super cool and the ice cream is pretty delicious too. Especially when it is free. haha. But we had a really awesome discussion about prophets and why we have a modern prophet. He was trying to come up with all these reasons as to why God wouldn't call a prophet again... but he couldn't win with any of them. He was trying to say that God never changes... and yeah exactly that is why he called a prophet now just like he used to. Because he doesn't change. And then he was saying something about how people needed a prophet to know about Jesus Christ... and I was like... that is EXACTLY why we have a prophet now. Because we all need to know Jesus Christ a lot better. Safe to say he was stumped and he is going to keep meeting with us and learning. So things are looking good! 

Things are starting to get super busy at Kirtland. We have been having a lot of tours lately. It is going to be a crazy summer. It is tough work but I have a lot of neat experiences so it is good! We had some insane people get on chat this week. The first one said their name was "Cain" so that was obviously good. Then this girl named Rachel got on and was asking us the weirdest questions.. at one point she asked if we were Muslims. I was like, Rachel, you are on mormon.org not muslim.org....... haha people these days. 

I think I reached an all time low this week. Okay just kidding. But it was Friday night, and I was cleaning out the world most disgusting car. We asked this guy if we could do service for him.. and he said sure. Yeah had NO CLUE what we were getting ourselves into. I have never seen such a dirty car. It was in no way sanitary.  I don't even know what moldy things I was pulling out from under the seats. Pretty sure most of it could have been living. I had to take like 6 showers and I still didn't feel clean. I think it might have been the first time of my mission that I really wished I wasn't doing what I was doing.. hahah but hey I survived and I haven't gotten any weird illnesses yet so I guess I am a stronger person now.  And it made me really think about why I am doing what I am doing.. and I am out here because I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and I want to help them help others. So, even if it means risking my life to clean the grossest things in the world, I am happy to do it. 

We didn't get to see Bridget or Clark this week. That is the really hard part about Kirtland. We have NO TIME in our area. But I did have some super cool miracles! So last Monday night we were out tracting.. and it was 8:55 and my companion was like "let's go back to the car" but as we were walking i got the strongest feeling to go knock on this door. So I went up to it, and knocked, and a guy comes out and says "Mormons! I love Mormons!" So turns out he had meet with missionaries a long time ago and loved it.. and he has read some of the Book of Mormon and is totally interested and prepared. So now we are teaching him! It was incredible. The spirit is totally real and I am so grateful I listened to that prompting. 

Then on Saturday we were visiting one lady when we saw some of our investigators sitting in their car.. and my companion thought they were arguing so she said let's not.. but once again the spirit was yelling at me to go talk to them... so I did and then we ended up having a super awesome lesson and Amanda needed it so much. So all I can say is Heavenly Father really is like pushing me along every single day. 

My favorite investigator named Gene is finally making progress. He is so funny and cool. Last time we saw him I basically told him that he has to read the Book of Mormon if he wants to find any answers to his questions... and for the first time ever he actually read! And he read a lot! And  he had the coolest insights ever. I learned a lot. So I am really excited. I just like teaching hi m because he is really normal and he loves like traveling and stuff like that so we have a lot in common. And now that he is reading the Book of Mormon I know things are going to get good. 

I finished the Book of Mormon for the 7th time of my mission this week. And it is more true every time I read it I think. I really have developed such a love for the Book of Mormon. Before my mission it was honestly hard to read and I didn't enjoy it all that much. But really reading it has been the best thing ever and has truly been what has made me love the Gospel. I just want everyone to read it because it really is the best book in the world. Sometimes I want to throw it at people and make them read it.. but for some reason that is not "socially acceptable". So I just hand em out like candy and hope people will read it. 

That reminds me. I tried to hand this girl a picture of Jesus Christ the other day.. and she said "I don't support that" and I was like... You don't support Jesus Christ? And she said "No I am not a Jehovah's witness follower" and I was like that is awesome neither am I. And then she made fun of me and I just smiled and walked away. I feel like everyone here thinks I am Jehovah's witness or a Nun.... 

Let's see... other than that not too much else happened. It was kinda a slower week. But it was a good week. Lots of great stuff is happening here. I notice lots of little miracles every day and I am super grateful that I get to see God's hand in my life so much. 

Well, I have to get going. I hope that you all have a great week! I love you! 



Love, Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment