yes

.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cassidy's Letter 3-31-14

Hello again! 

It sorta feels like I am always writing these emails. I hope they don't bore you to death haha. This week was great! I realize I say that basically every week but it is because things actually are just always good out here on a mission so yeah. 

BIBLE STUDY was amazing again. They are literally a dream come true. I actually didn't think that it could possibly get any better than it was last week.. I was wrong. It honestly just keeps getting better. There was a new girl named Jessie this week and she is awesome too! So we have Faith, Natalie (she is the one who loves Chapman), Hallie, Jessie, and Aaron. And they are just so cool. And our meetings are the funnest time of the week. This past week we all just talked more about what we believe and it is so cool because so much of what they believe personally is really similar to what we believe. And the spirit is so strong that it makes the whole thing so fun. Natalie said that this has changed her life because she said she always thought what Mormons believed was so different and out there.. but we have a lot more similarities than differences. Oh and they asked US if they could come to church... and I almost died. Once again we normally have to BEG people to come.We are like all basically best friends now and we just get to get together and talk about Christ and it is so much fun. Then on Saturday night Hallie, Faith and Natalie came and watched the women's broadcast at a members house! It was so good. And they loved it. And it made my whole life that they were there. They really are like too good to be true! 

Let's see what else happened this week. The Smiths are still doing great! They are getting funnier and funnier because they aren't shy around us anymore. It was classic so we were teaching them about the 10 commandments and we were like having them match examples to the commandment.. and Hunter reads one that says "Your mom asks you to clean the bathroom and you don't do it" and he said "She'd spank you. That's what my mom would do" hahah we were dying. 

Some funny things that happened this week.. 

We had dinner with one lady, and it was so funny. She is the sweetest lady and she made us chicken and asparagus.. and she goes to put the chicken on my plate.. and she gave me a piece the size of a silver dollar. Not joking. So there was just this tiny piece of chicken on my plate and then normal size on hers and my companions. Me and Sister Smith both almost started laughing. I guess she thought I don't like eating or something. It was hysterical. 

OH and okay this is a good one. So there is this older member named Judy who lives in a nursing home but we go and read the Book of Mormon to her every week. So we go last week and she wasn't in her room.. and they said she was down the hall. So we go hunt her down and she is waiting by the doors where people go out and smoke. And we were like "Judy! What are you doing?" And she goes "Uh.. nothing.. just waiting to go outside." And so we asked what she was going to do outside and she said "I am just going to um talk to people" and we were like.. oh okay... and then when the doors opened she thought we were going to go outside too and she said "Don't go out there you won't like it out there." and she got all panicked. It was so funny she was literally trying to lie to us about smoking! And everyone things she is crazy and out of it... I beg to differ. She knows she shouldn't be smoking and she was being all sneaky! Old folks these days.. you never can trust em. 

We visited this other lady in our ward who never comes to church.. and I asked her if she would come and she told me no. So I asked her if she would at least pray and ask God if she should go to church.. and she said "Fine I will pray but don't hold your breath" and I said "Oh I won't. I'm not worried. It is between you and Heavenly Father and it disappoints Him when you don't go, not me." and then she got all mad and said "Well great. Now I have to go." hahah it was funny. 

And the old folks home was good as ever. We made it during bingo this week and boy were they into it. It is hilarious to see how mad they get when they don't win. Then this old guy named Hank came up to us and said "I just want to say you are the most beautiful and nicest girls. And I ain't saying that to try to flirt with you. I really mean it from my heart." and then this other guy says "Hank here borrow my glasses I think you can't see right." hahaha we got some jokesters on our hands. 

We went and visited Shirley last night.. she is as good as ever. She bought a gift for the family so I will be mailing that home to you! I'm not sure if I told you but she has a chihuahua named Tiffany.. and she is 15 years old.. and last night Shirley goes "Tiffany you are so old." and I was like Shirley.. you are old. And then Tiffany peed on the carpet and Shirley goes and is on her hands and knees scrubbing up the floor.. It really is pretty incredible. She told us she bought Tiffany diapers but she didn't like them. And then Shirley had this little card with the Articles of Faith on it.. and she pulls out this big magnifying glass so she could read it.. and starts drilling us with all sorts of good questions. It was just a solid time. 

Okay. THE COOLEST THING JUST HAPPENED. Right now. Okay, so two weeks ago up at Kirtland we took this couple on tour.. I think I might have talked about them in an email. Anyways they have been meeting with missionaries.. and the guy read and prayed and knows the Book of Mormon and the church are true... but his wife doesn't. She has been sorta meeting with the missionaries but is a really devout Methodist. So her husband has been like waiting for her.. and yeah.  Well anyways we had the best tour with them ever. We were in the School of the Prophets are the spirit was so strong. I was praying the whole time that they would feel the spirit and that I would be able to bear my testimony and help them somehow. And it was just crazy because I felt the spirit so strong and I have been thinking about the tour ever since. Well I just got an email from the guy... (no clue how he was able to find my email) and I am just going to copy and paste some of what he said because it has made my entire life complete. 

"When we came for our visit that day, I was glad to see you and Sister Smith again. I knew you had something special to share and you really nailed it! Your testimony in the School of the Prophets was one of the most beautiful and moving testimonies I have heard to date, (granted it is full of the spirit there) , but I could feel the Spirit so strong as you shared your testimony and I will recall that at my baptism as an important event in my and my wife's conversion. " Then later he says " I can imagine how hard and how fulfilling being a missionary is, but you both should get to know when you have impacted someone's life and testimony. My wife may not be ready yet, but she could not deny the beautiful Spirit that was in that room. I wish I would have known your name was Cassidy then, as that is my daughter's name also! I know you are not our missionaries but you deserve some of the credit for what you did that day.' 

I am honestly a baby and just about started crying when I was reading his email because it was such an incredible tour and I have thought about both of them so much. I am just so so grateful that I got to be a part of it and got to help someone feel the spirit. Kirtland is such an amazing place.. but sometimes it is hard because we have these neat experiences and then the people leave and we never ever get to hear from them again. So this is a miracle that he emailed me and an even greater miracle that he and his wife felt the spirit so strong! Times like this make my whole mission worth it. Oh and at the end of his email he said " I hope I can write again because I have GREAT NEWS to tell you"... so hopefully next week I will have an email and we can find out what the news is! Wow this is so cool I am so blessed. 

Oh and since it is spring break there have been tons of people coming to Kirtland which is so fun. We had this group of people from England the other day.. funnest tour ever. One of them was a super genius and he was teaching us. Literally we sat down in the School of the Prophets and he got up and said "For today's sermon I have three things I would like to talk about" and he had an awesome accent so it was the best. Kirtland is cool end of story. 

My mission is cool end of story. 

My life is cool. Really. Okay now the end of the story. 

But honestly miracles are happening right and left up here in Ohio and I am just lucky to be a part of it. I am super excited for general conference this weekend! We have been inviting everyone to watch it... but also to pray and have specific questions that you want answers to.. and as you watch it you will get them. Because I know that it is Heavenly Father using the prophet and apostles to speak individually to us.. so we really should take advantage of it. So do that okay! Good. Well I have to go I hope you have a great week! 

Love Cassidy 

No comments:

Post a Comment